Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's Been Awhile, And Things Look Great In Milwaukee!

I have not posted on here since June 25th. Mostly because I have been busy, but also because I have been very lazy and have not felt like writing anything. And although I was not down with the idea of trading Gamel or LaPorta for Sabathia, I have totally changed my mind. And of course we did swing a trade for the 2007 AL Cy Young winner big lefty CC Sabathia. We got to keep Gamel, Alcides Escobar and Angel Salome. Because of this I am totally okay with the trade. Yeah we had to give up Matt LaPorta who will be a damn good player, but we also only had to throw in a few spare parts like Zach Jackson. Because of this and the fact that Sabathia is one of the most electric players to now ever wear a Brewers uniform I totally take back my last post. The Brewers have been hot and now with Sabathia and Sheets heading the pitching staff things look great! Not to mention the great jobs Dave Bush and Manny Parra have done. Well two more games before the All-Star break tonight and tomorrow against Cincinnatti (tomorrow CC will make his second start as a Brewer). And speaking of the All-Star game, it is just amazing that for the second straight season we got a player voted into the starting lineup. Ryan Braun will start in the OF for the NL along with Matt Holliday and Kosuke Fukudome. Joining Braun on the NL team from the Brewers is Ben Sheets and Corey Hart. After years of getting one player in the mid summer classic representing Milwaukee it's nice to see 3 or more on a consistent basis. Were only .5 games back of the Cardinals for the wild card and only 5 back of the Cubs for the division lead. Things look great and I really feel a post season birth this year, FINALLY!

No comments: