Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oh, Seth McClung

As I sit here and watch the first game of the second half of the season, things were going smooth for the Brewers. They had a nice 9-3 lead in the bottom of the 8th. Then Seth McClung came in.

First batter: Walk
Second batter: Walk
Third batter: Homerun

Now only a 9-6 lead. I used to really like McClung, especially at the end of last season when he was on fire. But most of this year he has just been to erratic walking to many batters. And then when he finally does throw a strike it is a straight as a board fastball right down the middle that the other team crushes. I can't believe at one time last offseason before we signed Hoffman I made my case in a post to make McClung the closer. That is why I'm not a GM (yet). Between McClung and Villanueva we have two guys in the bullpen right now that really can't be trusted and seem to bring their gas can to the mound every chance they get lately. And that is scary, very scary.

No comments: