Sunday, August 8, 2010

Brewers All-Time 25 Man Roster

I was bored the other day and decided that since it is the Brewers 40th anniversary, it would be cool to construct my all-time Brewers team. Any player that played in a Brewers uniform from 1970 to 2010 was eligible. I didn't just pick the 25 best players, I picked a 25 man roster as if I had to manage and play games with these guys. So I have a starting lineup, bench, starting rotation and bullpen. It was very hard to narrow this down to 25 guys, but I picked what I thought was the best team. With that said, there were some players left off who certainly deserved a lot of consideration and could have made the team.

Let me know what you think of my team and what yours would look like. Just write something in the comments or email me. So without further ado, here is my All-Time Milwaukee Brewers team.

Starting Lineup

1. Paul Molitor - 3B

2. Robin Yount - SS

3: Cecil Cooper - 1B

4. Gorman Thomas - CF

5. Prince Fielder - DH

6. Ryan Braun - LF

7. Jeromy Burnitz - RF

8. Ted Simmons - C

9. Jim Gantner - 2B

Starting Rotation

Pete Vuckovich

Teddy Higuera

Ben Sheets

Mike Caldwell

CC Sabathia

Bench

3B: Jeff Cirillo

IF: Don Money

OF: Geoff Jenkins

OF: Ben Oglivie

C: BJ Surhoff

Bullpen

Rollie Fingers

Dan Plesac

Mike Fetters

Doug Henry

Francisco Cordero

Ken Sanders

Just Missed The Cut

Greg Vaughn

Sixto Lezcano

George Scott

Tommy Harper

Richie Sexson

Chris Bosio

Jim Slaton

No comments: