Saturday, October 9, 2010

(Very, Very) Early 2011 25 Man Roster Prediction

Because the offseason is long and I am bored. Here is my 25 man roster prediction. My gut says they keep Gamel at 3B and move McGehee to 1B, but that could flip-flop. We'll see. My #2 starter is unamed because I feel it will be a player they get back in a Prince Fielder trade. Mark Rogers is too good to not be in the rotation, they can skip some starts to limit his innings. Todd Coffey is non-tendered, comes down to him or Villanueva, they go with Villa. Carlos Gomez starts the season in AAA. They go with young players on the bench, no Counsell.

Starting Lineup:


1. Rickie Weeks - 2B
2. Lorenzo Cain - CF
3. Ryan Braun - LF
4. Corey Hart - RF
5. Mat Gamel - 3B
6. Casey McGehee - 1B
7. Alcides Escobar - SS
8. Jonathan Lucroy - C

Bench:

Chris Dickerson - OF
Brendan Katin - OF
George Kottaras - C
Joe Inglett - IF
Luis Cruz - IF

Starting Rotation:

Yovani Gallardo
(Pitcher Acquired In Prince Fielder Trade)
Randy Wolf
Chris Narveson
Mark Rogers

Bullpen:

John Axford
Zach Braddock
Kameron Loe
Manny Parra
LaTroy Hawkins
Carlos Villanueva
Mike McClendon

2 comments:

Slappy said...

Well, I have to say you have a few surprises in there, but it about matches my crew11.txt sitting on my desktop. My differences:

Yovani Gallardo - R
Randy Wolf - L
(Prince Fielder Trade) - R
Chris Narveson - L
Chris Capuano - L

Another reliever (maybe Mitch Stetter) and then bring up Rogers after his obvious brilliant start of the season in AAA :)

5. Casey McGehee - 3B
6. Troy Glaus - 1B

Bench:
Mat Gamel - 1B/3B
Brendan Katin - OF
And:
Joe Inglett - IF/OF

All else stays about the same.

------------------------------

So, I think I am adding an arm to the 'pen, starting Cappy and bringing in a vet 1B to teach Gamel a bit (or maybe McGehee). Glaus might be that guy because of his recent switch to 1B from 3B.

JD said...

I like your roster as well. If that is what they went with I would be okay with that.