Saturday, October 9, 2010

(Very, Very) Early 2011 25 Man Roster Prediction

Because the offseason is long and I am bored. Here is my 25 man roster prediction. My gut says they keep Gamel at 3B and move McGehee to 1B, but that could flip-flop. We'll see. My #2 starter is unamed because I feel it will be a player they get back in a Prince Fielder trade. Mark Rogers is too good to not be in the rotation, they can skip some starts to limit his innings. Todd Coffey is non-tendered, comes down to him or Villanueva, they go with Villa. Carlos Gomez starts the season in AAA. They go with young players on the bench, no Counsell.

Starting Lineup:

1. Rickie Weeks - 2B
2. Lorenzo Cain - CF
3. Ryan Braun - LF
4. Corey Hart - RF
5. Mat Gamel - 3B
6. Casey McGehee - 1B
7. Alcides Escobar - SS
8. Jonathan Lucroy - C


Chris Dickerson - OF
Brendan Katin - OF
George Kottaras - C
Joe Inglett - IF
Luis Cruz - IF

Starting Rotation:

Yovani Gallardo
(Pitcher Acquired In Prince Fielder Trade)
Randy Wolf
Chris Narveson
Mark Rogers


John Axford
Zach Braddock
Kameron Loe
Manny Parra
LaTroy Hawkins
Carlos Villanueva
Mike McClendon


Slappy said...

Well, I have to say you have a few surprises in there, but it about matches my crew11.txt sitting on my desktop. My differences:

Yovani Gallardo - R
Randy Wolf - L
(Prince Fielder Trade) - R
Chris Narveson - L
Chris Capuano - L

Another reliever (maybe Mitch Stetter) and then bring up Rogers after his obvious brilliant start of the season in AAA :)

5. Casey McGehee - 3B
6. Troy Glaus - 1B

Mat Gamel - 1B/3B
Brendan Katin - OF
Joe Inglett - IF/OF

All else stays about the same.


So, I think I am adding an arm to the 'pen, starting Cappy and bringing in a vet 1B to teach Gamel a bit (or maybe McGehee). Glaus might be that guy because of his recent switch to 1B from 3B.

JD said...

I like your roster as well. If that is what they went with I would be okay with that.