Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cactus League Action Starts Tomorrow

Tomorrow the Brewers unofficially kick off the 2009 season. It's a real game, but it doesn't count for shit. But it's still the first game and it's exciting if you ask me, but I'm a huge baseball nerd so of course it excites me. They play the Oakland A's at 2:05pm in Maryvale. Pitchers scheduled to throw for the Crew are Jeff Suppan (who will throw 2 innings), Dave Bush, Trevor Hoffman, Eddie Morlan, Lindsay Gulin, Nick Green, Todd Coffey and Jorge Julio (all will throw 1 inning).

On a side note like we all knew already but it was made official today, Ryan Braun was named to team USA for the WBC. He will most likely be their starting LF and bat 5th. That according to a projection on the MLB Network. I'm really looking forward to seeing Braun and team USA get some redemption from the 2006 teams poor showing. Their first game is Saturday March 7th at Noon against Canada.

One of my buddies is looking at getting a Braun USA jersey so I looked at their roster today to see if in fact Braun would be #8 and to my surprise he was not. He is listed as #51, which seems odd considering no one else on the team is wearing #8.

No comments: