Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pleasantly Surpirsed

That is how I feel about new Brewers radio announcer Cory Provus. Listening to the first two Brewers spring games on the radio the past two days at work I was really paying attention to get a feel for Provus. I have to say I really like him. He has a smooth voice that actually at times had me almost thinking it was Jim Powell. He painted a good picture of the action on the field, sounded very intelligent on the club already like he has done it for years and he actually says the score (sorry, I love Ueck but dude needs to give the score more). I have to say I was skeptical at first for the Brewers to hire a such a young guy and one who worked for the Cubs mind you. But Cory in only two games has already exceeded my expectations. I also liked the excitement in his voice for HR's and other big plays in the games. I have to say I could get used to hearing Provus for years to come on Brewers radio.

No comments: