Monday, March 23, 2009

If Hoffman Starts The Year On The DL.....

Seth McClung my get the save opportunities. This according to ESPN's Buster Olney. I really hope this is true. Before the Brewers signed Trevor Hoffman and it was up in the air on who would be the closer I was very outspoken that McClung should get the opportunity. Then we signed Hoffman and I was happy with that. But with Hoffman possibly missing the first few weeks of the season with this oblique strain I think Seth should be option one. He has the closer mentality and the closer "stuff". This would be a great little audition for McClung so after this season or next when Hoffman is gone we could have our closer in waiting. Of course best case scenario is that Hoffman recovers quick and doesn't have to go on the DL. But right now that seems unlikely from everything I have heard and read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

baseball, lol