Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gallardo Lookin Sharp

I think if anyone got "worked" up about a week ago about Yovani Gallardo only going 2/3 of an inning vs the Royals, they can settle down now. After Yo got rocked in that start he has pitched 9 scoreless innings. The first four against the Royals that roughed him up the last five happened today against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Not only did Yo not allow a run today, he didn't allow a hit. 5 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 3 BB's and 3 K's. A very nice line. Gallardo has looked to be blunt awesome this spring spare for that outing against KC. I'm just so excited to see what Yovani can do in a full season. Actually I will probably feel as excited for each start Gallardo makes as I did for any Sabathia start last year. But me getting excited for a Yovani start is nothing new since I did in 2007 when he got called up and last year before and after the missed time with the knee injury. The knee seems to be no problem at all and I expect big things from Yovani this year, the guy is just a special pitcher who could have a very special career. I agree 100% with what Jason Kendall said, this guy will win a couple of Cy Young awards before his career is over. And that is not exaggerating.

No comments: