Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Been Awhile, Please No One Panic (About Me Or The Brewers Start)

I hated going this long between posts since the start of the season. I have just been running circles getting last minute stuff together for my wedding which is about two weeks away now and I have been living out of a suitcase the past three weeks while the bathroom is getting re-done at our house. Lets put it this way, I have not even seen the two new episodes of "The Office" from last week or the pilot of "Parks And Recreation". I pretty much work, watch the Brewers, drive to my future sister in-laws place, sleep and repeat. With random wedding stuff to do in between.

So the season is underway and were 2-6. Yeah it has been pretty rough for us in Brewers Nation. It has mostly been bad pitching and specifically our pitchers walking batters at an alarming rate. The hitting has been decent. Besides yesterday game, runs have been scored. Its just that our two big hitters Braun and Fielder are not having much to do with the runs that have been scoring. On a bright note Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks have looked very good.

Getting to my point, after only 8 ball games people are already calling into sports radio shows in town and saying they are "done" with the season because the Brewers are "done". I mean the worst part is the people are serious. I mean some of the calls I have heard are just comical. I think people just need to take a step back, a deep breath and realize we have played 8 games and have another 154 to go. Don't get me wrong, if our record and the players numbers are progressing like they are now at say the start of June then I would start to panic a little bit. But for now, just relax and enjoy the fact that baseball is back and that the Brewers will turn it around and hopefully soon. Oh except Jeff Suppan, its fine to panic about him. He just is not a very good baseball player.

No comments: