Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brewers Avoid Arby Hearing With Hardy

Brewers avoid a salary arbitration hearing and have agreed to a 1 year contract with JJ Hardy. Deal is worth $4.65 mill. Seems like a good deal to me and pretty cheap, still hope we can lock him up long term at some point. In my opinion Hardy may be the fourth best SS in all of MLB behind only the 3 R's (Ramirez, Rollins and Reyes). I suppose locking JJ up for the long term like they did Braun last year comes down to what the Brewers think of/want to do with Alcides Escobar. Should be interesting watching that situation unfold over the next couple years. The thing that gives me high hopes for Hardy in the future is he seems to have gotten better every year and I don't think he has reached his ceiling yet, which is scary.

No comments: