Friday, November 14, 2008

Brewers 2009 Coaching Staff Complete

The final piece of the 2009 Brewers coaching staff has been put in the puzzle. It is Stan Kyles who will serve as bullpen coach. Kyles has been apart of the Brewers organization for the past 8 years and has served the past 4 as the pitching coach of the AAA Nashville Sounds. A nice promotion for a guy who has no big league coaching experience. So with that the Brewers staff looks as so for 2009:

Manager: Ken Macha
Bench Coach: Willie Randolph
Pitching Coach: Bill Castro
Hitting Coach: Dale Sveum
1B Coach: Ed Sedar
3B Coach: Brad Fischer
Bullpen Coach: Stan Kyles
I have to say I look sit and look at that staff of coaches and I think that it might be one of the strongest I have seen in the history of the club. And if you don't agree with that you have to agree it is the best since Doug Melvin became GM in 2003 or since Mark Attanasio bought the club in 2005. Strong baseball minds up and down that list. I like Macha of course and I like how they brought new guys in but kept a few of the good guys from the old staff (Castro, Sveum and Sedar) who have some comfort and familiarity with the players. I didn't like Randolph as the choice for Manager but I love him as bench coach and his ability to work with the infielders.

No comments: