Monday, November 17, 2008

First Ever Reader Poll Results And NL MVP Voting

In View From Bernie's Chalet's first ever reader poll we asked, who would you most want to see a bobblehead of in 2009. Here were the results:

Yovani Gallardo: 43% (7 votes)
Doug Melvin: 25% (4 votes)
Jason Kendall: 25% (4 votes)
Mark Attanasio: 6% (1 vote)
Mike Cameron: 0% (0 votes)

No real surprise, I figured most would want to see a Gallardo bobblehead. I know that would have been my vote. Although I would be torn for second between Melvin and Attanasio. Both of those would be solid choices. Attanasio already has one, but it was very limited and only given to Brewers employees. They usually go for over $100 more often in the $200 range. Go ahead and vote for our second reader poll which is up now.

A couple of Brewers were finalists for the MVP award in the NL. Ryan Braun got 3rd place and CC Sabathia came in 6th. Both were very deserving of getting votes, no doubt about that. CC very well could have been the most valuable player to any team in either league. What he did down the stretch pitching on 3 days rest 3 times was nuts and without him they may not have won the Wild Card. Braun also was deserving, and I honestly think had he not gotten hurt and continued to put up the numbers he was on pace to put up he may have beaten out the Cardinals Albert Pooh-Holes who took the award for the 2nd time in his career. Personally I hate Pooh-Holes, especially after that fiasco in St. Louis with him thinking he is the baseball ethics police now. But man he had an outstanding year and he was fantastic for my fantasy team. Somehow I was able to draft him 12th overall in the 1st round in my draft. I don't know how 11 people passed on him, maybe is was the concern for his injured elbow. I doubt he lasts that long in my fantasy draft for 2009.

No comments: