Friday, May 9, 2008

Folks, That Would Be 6 In A Row

If I can steal a line from Dave Chappelle's character "Silky Johnson" from The Player Hater's Ball skit from "Chappelle's Show", "What can be said about the Milwaukee Brewers that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan and Iraq? They look bombed and depleted." After last nights suck fest 7-2 loss to the Marlins the Brewers have lost six straight games with no for see able end in sight with series coming up against St. Louis, Los Angeles and Boston. If the Brewers continue to have shitty outings from the starting pitching and continue to strand runners on base (24 were left on last night) when good scoring opportunities present themselves this losing streak could go on for quite some time. You know I don't have a problem with Ned giving one everyday player a day off yesterday but when your trying to snap a 5 game losing streak (now 6) you don't rest THREE of your everyday starters; Fielder, Hart and Kendall. I don't understand his logic there one bit. The best thing about last nights game was I missed a half hour of it from 8-8:30 because I was watching the new episode of "The Office", which was awesome by the way. Like I said above with the next ten games against three of the best teams right now in baseball this could get ugly and we could be out of this race quick. And if they do as bad as they might over these next ten games it could spell the end of Ned Yost as Manager of the Brewers, I will probably post a blog on that in the near future with my thoughts on Yost's future. Need to turn it around tonight, but I just remembered something it's a home Friday game tonight which means one thing: Retro Uniforms. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Might as well chalk up the losing streak to 7 because the Brewers have played awful when wearing the retro uniforms (yes I'm very superstitious). When will this team just let 1982 rest in peace.

No comments: